Harrison Kowiak Scholarship
2021 ANNUAL Harrison Kowiak Scholarship
The family of Harrison Kowiak (Lianne, Brian, and Emma) offer the Harrison Kowiak Annual Scholarship, for individual(s) interested in hazing prevention to attend the HazingPrevention.Org Institute for Hazing Prevention with a scholarship to attend the institute (registration and travel stipend).
- Must be a Professional or a Graduate Student or Graduating College Senior
- If you are a student you must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- You must list two references and their contact information
- If you are a professional you must attach your resume
- Describe why you want to attend the Institute:
- In 500 words or less, describe why you want to attend the Institute and why you should be the recipient of the scholarship. Include what you intend to do with the content you learn, how you will measure success, and how you will be able to implement hazing prevention and sustain your ideas/model over the next two years. (you will paste this into the application)
May 21, 2020 – Midnight EST
Harrison Kowiak tragically died as a result of hazing in college. Lianne Kowiak speaks at various colleges and conferences sharing Harrison’s story and the dangers of hazing. In lieu of any speaker’s fees, she requests for a donation in Harrison’s name be sent to HazingPrevention.Org to go towards the scholarship.